1. Reminder to any student attending prom to turn in the Prom Permission Slip emailed to all Junior and Senior parents before break. Extra forms and prom guest forms are available in the front office. Forms are due by THIS Thursday to Ms. Reilly in Rm. 12. You may not buy a prom ticket without turning in this form.
Prom tickets will be sold all next week during lunches for $80 per ticket. The absolute LAST day to buy Prom tickets will be Friday April 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS.
AFTER PROM TICKETS will be sold all next week during lunch. They are $20.00 and checks should be made payable to MHS PTO. The Indian Hill Winter Club waiver must be turned in when purchasing tickets. The waiver was sent to all junior and senior parents via an email on April 11th from Dr. Renner. Hard copies are also available in the office.
2. Interested in studying Nursing after high school? Thursday, April 13th there will be a career chat with a nurse from Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The career chat will be held during both lunches in the upper library. Please sign up in the CCPC if interested.
3. Any student interested in being a class officer or a student council representative must pick up an application at the front office ASAP. Mandatory meetings will begin this week and applications are due on Monday, April 17th. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please see Mrs. Mock with any questions.
4. Campus Life will meet during both lunches tomorrow. First lunch will meet in C20 and second lunch will meet in Mrs. Thomas’ room.
5. Unified for Uganda is meeting in Mrs. Leatherwood's room after school.
6. If you are interested in running for Art Club President, Vice President, or Secretary, please see Mrs. Richardson, Isabelle Saulnier, or Helen Kemper for a nomination form. Elections will be held at next week's Art Club meeting.
7. Mariemont High School is hosting its’ Annual Photography Contest. ANY Mariemont student can enter. There is no entry fee, so it is FREE to enter!! The top 8 winners will receive cash awards. In addition, the top 2 winning photos will be framed and permanently hung on the wall near the auditorium. Entry forms can be found in the school office or with Mrs. Richardson. Photos will be judged by two photographers from Cincinnati on creativity and technique. All entry forms & photos are due to Mrs. Richardson no later than Monday, April 24th.
8. Spanish Club members should plan on attending a Spain themed event Tuesday, April 18th from 3-4PM. We will share pictures, music and stories from our spring break trip to Spain. Snacks will be provided. Meet in señora Timmerding's room.
9. Congratulations to Cohen Bailey for having his Cappies review of Taylor High School’s Sister Act chosen as the top review for publishing. Also selected in the top ten were Corinne Fanta and Grace Haffner. Look for their full reviews at the Cappies website at cincap.com.
10. Attention all cast and crew of the Fall Play and Spring Musical. If you have not already filled out your end-of-the-year awards ballot, please do so no later than end of school tomorrow (Thursday). The link to the ballot was emailed to you last week and is on Blackboard in the Announcements in the High School Musical group.
11. Attention Cappies Team - if you have not already filled out the questionnaire that Mrs. Lowery sent to you, please make sure to do that, even if you are a senior. Thank you!
12. Both the JV and Varsity girls’ lacrosse teams beat Summit last night. The JV won 5-3 and the varsity won 17-14.
13. Our track and field Warriors return to New Richmond tonight as they qualified for finals-
-Carson Fields in 100m dash as well as hurdles with Jonah Dill.
-Riley Dunne and John Ballard compete in the 400
-Alex Vianello races in the 200 m dash.
-Relay teams compete including Girls 4x1, 4x2 and boys 4x2 and 4x4 teams consisting of Lauren Croll, Alivia Naticchioini, Ava Morgan, and Ellie Lewis as well as Ian Mikesell, Harrison Keith, Chris Taylor, and Nick McCarthy along with Owen Dingle, Jonah Dill, Jack Ballard and Nickson Kirks-McFadden.
All track athletes, even those not competing today, need to meet in first bus turnaround at 3:00. Good luck Warriors!
14. After-School and Summer Job Opportunities:
-Dewey’s Pizza is looking to fill part-time cooks and server assistant positions.
-Camargo Country Club is currently hiring seasonal full and part-time servers, food runners, dishwashers, cooks and grounds maintenance staff.
More information for both of these opportunities can be found in the CCPC.
15. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the fully executed Indemnification and Waiver of Liability Clause together with a check, made payable to the MHS-PTO Graduation Party, to the PTO mailbox at the High School by Wednesday, May 24th. Forms can be found in the school office or on the PTO Website. Please feel free to email Chandra Buswell at email@example.com if you have any questions.
16. Looking for a leadership opportunity? Looking for a way to help others? Starting in 2017, the freshmen classes will be placed into teams of 10 that meet throughout the year, helping freshmen adjust to high school. Each group will have two high school leaders. That’s where you come in! To apply to be a leader, pick up the application in the CCPC and return it by May 1st. Good luck!
17. Volunteer at the Barn for Community Service Hours this summer! Summer art camp runs July 10 – 28. We need volunteer assistants for morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon classes for all three weeks. One week earns you 15 service hours, and The Barn is right in Mariemont, at 6980 Cambridge Ave. If interested, please contact Mrs. Long at 272-3700. THANKS!
18. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.