1. Reminder to any student attending prom to turn in the Prom Permission Slip emailed to all Junior and Senior parents before break. Extra forms and prom guest forms are available in the front office. Forms are due by THIS Thursday to Ms. Reilly in Rm. 12. You may not buy a prom ticket without turning in this form.
Prom tickets will be sold all next week during lunches. It is $80 per ticket. The absolute LAST day to buy Prom tickets will be Friday April 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Interested in studying Nursing after high school? Thursday, April 13th there will be a career chat with a nurse from Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The career chat will be held during both lunches in the upper library. Please sign up in the CCPC if interested.
3. Any student interested in being a class officer or a student council representative must pick up an application at the front office ASAP. Mandatory meetings will begin this week and applications are due on Monday, April 17th. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please see Mrs. Mock with any questions.
4. There will be a mandatory Key Club meeting after school today in C-20. Nominations for next years’ officers will be accepted and opportunities for service will be presented as well as final preparations for the Eliminate 5K.
5. A reminder that Mariemont Awareness and Action Club will be meeting after school on today in Mr. Weiss's room.
6. Campus Life will meet during both lunches this week on Thursday. First lunch will meet in C20 and second lunch will meet in Mrs. Thomas’ room.
7. Art Club is cancelled for this week. Art Club will resume next week and we will be discussing elections for next year's officers. If you are interested in running for Art Club President, Vice President, or Secretary, please see Mrs. Richardson, Isabelle Saulnier, or Helen Kemper for a nomination form.
8. Congratulations to JV and Varsity boys’ tennis teams. Both teams defeated Harrison 5-0.
9. After-School and Summer Job Opportunities:
-Dewey’s Pizza is looking to fill part-time cooks and server assistant positions.
-Camargo Country Club is currently hiring seasonal full and part-time servers, food runners, dishwashers, cooks and grounds maintenance staff.
More information for both of these opportunities can be found in the CCPC.
10. All graduating seniors are invited to attend the MHS Class of 2017 Riverboat Graduation Cruise, post-graduation party on Sunday, May 28th. The BB Riverboats cruise is for Mariemont High School Graduating Seniors only, and will include music, dancing, soft drinks and prize drawings. The cost of the event is $15 per person. If you plan to attend, please return the fully executed Indemnification and Waiver of Liability Clause together with a check, made payable to the MHS-PTO Graduation Party, to the PTO mailbox at the High School by Wednesday, May 24th. Forms can be found in the school office or on the PTO Website. Please feel free to email Chandra Buswell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
11. Looking for a leadership opportunity? Looking for a way to help others? Starting in 2017, the freshmen classes will be placed into teams of 10 that meet throughout the year, helping freshmen adjust to high school. Each group will have two high school leaders. That’s where you come in! To apply to be a leader, pick up the application in the CCPC and return it by May 1st. Good luck!
12. Volunteer at the Barn for Community Service Hours this summer! Summer art camp runs July 10 – 28. We need volunteer assistants for morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon classes for all three weeks. One week earns you 15 service hours, and The Barn is right in Mariemont, at 6980 Cambridge Ave. If interested, please contact Mrs. Long at 272-3700. THANKS!
13. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.