1. Interested in studying Nursing after high school? Thursday, April 13th there will be a career chat with a nurse from Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The career chat will be held during both lunches in the upper library. Please sign up in the CCPC if interested.
2. Any student interested in being a class officer or a student council representative must pick up an application at the front office ASAP. Mandatory meetings will begin this week and applications are due on Monday, April 17th. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please see Mrs. Mock with any questions.
3. There will be a mandatory Key Club meeting after school on Tuesday in C-20. Nominations for next years’ officers will be accepted and opportunities for service will be presented as well as final preparations for the Eliminate 5K.
4. Shark Tank will meet today either first or second lunch.
5. Saint X at the half – Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse got half a game in on Wednesday night and wished the thunder and lightning would have held off, but that was not the case. After 2 frames, Mariemont holds the lead at 5-4. Drew Fiorenza has a first-half, hat-trick (that’s 3), Wilson Bucher is the shot leader, and Ben Phelan has won most of the face offs. Solid goalie play by Eric Tassos has kept the Warriors with the advantage. If anyone is counting, beating the #1 ranked team in the city 18-9 on ground balls is worth a mention. Stay tuned for when this game finishes up – we can use the Warrior Nation support to finish these Saint X Bombers off!
6. Looking for a leadership opportunity? Looking for a way to help others? Starting in 2017, the freshmen classes will be placed into teams of 10 that meet throughout the year, helping freshmen adjust to high school. Each group will have two high school leaders. That’s where you come in! To apply to be a leader, pick up the application in the CCPC and return it by May 1st. Good luck!
7. Volunteer at the Barn for Community Service Hours this summer! Summer art camp runs July 10 – 28. We need volunteer assistants for morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon classes for all three weeks. One week earns you 15 service hours, and The Barn is right in Mariemont, at 6980 Cambridge Ave. If interested, please contact Mrs. Long at 272-3700. THANKS!
8. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.