1. Interested in studying Nursing after high school? Thursday, April 13th there will be a career chat with a nurse from Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The career chat will be held during both lunches in the upper library. Please sign up in the CCPC if interested.
2. Any student interested in being a class officer or a student council representative must pick up an application at the front office ASAP. Mandatory meetings will begin this week and applications are due on Monday, April 17th. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please see Mrs. Mock with any questions.
3. Any student wishing to run for Senior Class Officer for the 2017/2018 school year should attend a meeting in Mrs. Bell's room after school today.
4. There will be no shark tank today at lunch. They will meet Thursday either first or second lunch.
5. A Reminder that Art Club meets after school today from 3-4pm.
6. All State DECA qualifiers and participants should meet in Mrs. Baas' room after school.
7. The girls’ lacrosse teams played Springboro last the night. The JV lost a tough game 6-5. The varsity won 15-11. The offense dominated the game.
8. Congrats to our varsity track team members that moved on to the finals of the Madeira Invitational, Ryan Fields, Carson Fields and Jonah Dill. Also, Marin Valentine won the high jump and the boys’ 4 x 8 relay team of Drew Goheen, Jack Ballard, Sean Reber, and Alex Copetas finished 2nd. Finals are today at Madeira.
9. Looking for a leadership opportunity? Looking for a way to help others? Starting in 2017, the freshmen classes will be placed into teams of 10 that meet throughout the year, helping freshmen adjust to high school. Each group will have two high school leaders. That’s where you come in! To apply to be a leader, pick up the application in the CCPC and return it by May 1st. Good luck!
10. Volunteer at the Barn for Community Service Hours this summer! Summer art camp runs July 10 – 28. We need volunteer assistants for morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon classes for all three weeks. One week earns you 15 service hours, and The Barn is right in Mariemont, at 6980 Cambridge Ave. If interested, please contact Mrs. Long at 272-3700. THANKS!
11. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.