1. Interested in studying Nursing after high school? Thursday, April 13th there will be a career chat with a nurse from Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The career chat will be held during both lunches in the upper library. Please sign up in the CCPC if interested.
2. Any student interested in being a class officer or a student council representative must pick up an application at the front office ASAP. Mandatory meetings will begin this week and applications are due on Monday, April 17th. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please see Mrs. Mock with any questions.
3. Any student wishing to run for Senior Class Officer for the 2017/2018 school year should attend a meeting in Mrs. Bell's room after school on Wednesday.
4. Any student planning to run for junior class advisor must meet today after school in Ms. Reilly’s room. This is a mandatory meeting so do not miss it!
5. Looking for a leadership opportunity? Looking for a way to help others? Starting in 2017, the freshmen classes will be placed into teams of 10 that meet throughout the year, helping freshmen adjust to high school. Each group will have two high school leaders. That’s where you come in! To apply to be a leader, pick up the application in the CCPC and return it by May 1st. Good luck!
6. April is Donate Life Month. Today, staff from Lifecenter will be in the commons during lunch to share information on how you can make a difference and save lives by signing up to be an organ donor.
7. The varsity baseball team earned their first CHL win yesterday 13-1 over Finneytown. Hayden Seeger picked up the win with a complete game 7 strikeout performance. Henry Lewis added 4 RBIs while Henry Wagner had 2 hits.
8. A reminder that there will be volleyball open gym after school today.
9. A reminder that Mariemont Awareness and Action Club will be meeting after school today in Mr. Weiss's room.
10. It’s time to RSVP for the annual Senior Class Bowling Event!!
Date: Sunday, April 9th from 1:30-3pm
Place: Madison Bowl
Cost: $30 per couple
RSVP due today
Forms available at the office. Hope you can join us for a fun afternoon.
11. Volunteer at the Barn for Community Service Hours this summer! Summer art camp runs July 10 – 28. We need volunteer assistants for morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon classes for all three weeks. One week earns you 15 service hours, and The Barn is right in Mariemont, at 6980 Cambridge Ave. If interested, please contact Mrs. Long at 272-3700. THANKS!
12. The MHS PTO wants your creative input on the design for the Fall 2017 spirit shirt. This competition is open to all MHS students. You can submit your design by emailing it to Jean Marie Nelson at JNelson@mariemontschools.org or you can drop off your design at the MHS front office. A prize for the winner will be awarded! All submissions are due by Thursday, April 20.