As your superintendent, my focus is clear – to create a great experience for every student who walks through our doors. I am a champion for student opportunity and ensuring that well-researched best practices drive what we do every day. I am relentless in and passionate about my work as I connect with parents, residents, students and staff to ensure a great future for Mariemont City Schools.
Last week, we hosted our district’s 6th Annual State of the Schools Address, in which I discussed some of the accomplishments our students and staff have earned throughout the past year as well as the challenges we will face in the future. And as I see it, these challenges truly are opportunities, opportunities to give our students and even ourselves permission to lead, reach and explore.
If you did not have the chance to attend this event, I encourage you to take some time to watch the address, in which I talked about the past and present, and we collectively imagined the future. Below are a few of the key messages I shared on Tuesday evening:
- Our school district has never been better positioned for today and for tomorrow.
- A tradition of strong, elite academics for the students of our community is well established here. Our staff and students are performing at incredible levels, and we continue to position our students as global learners.
- Thanks to this community’s support, we are equipped with the resources we need to meet the educational needs we face.
- Our community’s children couldn’t be in a better place and with a more dedicated group of educators to help them succeed in this very different world.
- Budgets are a statement of priorities, and if you look at ours, you can see that we value sending money to the classroom for students, and we will continue to seek efficiencies, cost avoidance and savings.
We are achieving at high levels and continue to improve. We are also looking towards the future and challenging our students and staff to be prepared for the next phase of our educational journey. I am proud of the work we are doing at Mariemont City Schools and look forward to what the future has in store.
Superintendent, Mariemont City Schools